FirstLight offers a four-part prenatal education series designed to help you understand your pregnancy and your baby’s developmental stages, achieve a healthy pregnancy, and prepare for the birthing process and parenting.
We utilize a combination of lectures, audiovisuals, guest speakers, and open floor discussion to help you learn all about the birthing experience.
- Introductions and general information
- Fetal development
- Warning signs of premature labor
- Is this really labor?
- OB department tour
- “What ifs” in pregnancy
- Labor epidurals and spinals
- Preparing for your hospital stay
- Newborn care during hospital stay and at home
- Physical therapy
- Hands-on baby care
- Public health resources
- Birth control after pregnancy
- Infant cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
Prenatal Education classes are available six times a year in Mora and Pine City. Classes start on the first Tuesday of the month and meet weekly for 4 weeks from 5-7 pm. Please register online.
We look forward to meeting you and discussing your concerns and experiences as well as sharing our insights about the entire birth process.